The 2009 Inaugural Freedom Conference
August 28-29, 2009
The Steamboat Grand
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Thank you for making our Inaugural Freedom Conference a rousing success!!!
C-SPAN Video Archive
The Steamboat Institute is pleased to announce that Michael Reagan, son of President Ronald W. Reagan – America’s 40th President, will keynote the 2009 Inaugural Freedom Conference Dinner on Friday, August 28.
Reagan, a best-selling author who also serves as president of the Reagan Legacy Foundation, will share his insights and address how America can once become the “shining city on a hill” that Pres. Ronald Reagan so eloquently described.Reagan is a part of an all-star line-up of speakers, including pundits, pollsters and policymakers, who will participate during The Steamboat Institute’s inaugural two-day conference.
Special Guest Speakers include:
- Congressman Mike Pence, 3rd ranking GOP member of the US House will host the Freedom Conference Reception on Sunday, August 23rd.
- Michael Reagan, Founder and president of the Reagan Legacy Foundation
- Grover Norquist, Founder and President of Americans for Tax Reform
- Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Minnesota’s 6th Congressional District
- Dan Mitchell, Expert on Tax and Fiscal Policy, The Cato Institute
- J. French Hill, Served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Treasury under President George H.W. Bush; Founder, President and CEO of Delta Trust & Banking Corp.; Advisor to Gov. Mike Huckabee
- Patrick J. Michaels, Senior Fellow in Environmental Studies, The Cato Institute
- William M. Gray, Professor Emeritus of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University
- Mario Carrerra, Vice President and Genera Manager Entravision Colorado
- Marcelo Gaete, Vice President of public and governmental affairs, Entravision
- James Humes, Presidential Speechwriter for five Presidents and author of “The Wit and Wisdom of Ronald Reagan”
- Marc Morano, Executive Editor of ClimateDepot.com, former Communications Director for Sen. James Inhofe (Senate Environment and Public Works Committee) and former producer for the Rush Limbaugh Television Show (1992-96)
- Tony Blankley, co-host of the Left, Right and Center radio program, (distributed to public radio station nationwide by public radio station KCRW-Santa Monica) columnist, executive vice president of Edelman Worldwide public relations, television political commentator, and former GOP spokesman
- Kirsten Fedewa, President of Kirsten Fedewa & Associates, Public Affairs and Political Strategist, Communications Director for Gov. Mike Huckabee’s Presidential Campaign
- Jennifer Schubert-Akin, Chairman, The Steamboat Institute
The Steamboat Institute is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. For the conference sponsorships listed above, the first $250.00 of each registration is non-deductible as payment for goods and services received.